Online 1-2-1 Training in Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
"Want to improve your public speaking but no time to attend 'classroom' training? Travelling a lot? Busy in the working day? Need confidentiality? I can help you, online, 1-2-1, from the comfort of your home or office..."
A new and unique opportunity to get one-to-one training from the UK’s leading expert on elite communication strategies, Simon Maier
If you really want to speak, pitch or present to a new level FAST, you need intensive coaching from the real deal – someone who’s been there and done it…
Your coach is Simon Maier, best selling author of nine books including:
- The 100: Insights and lessons from 100 of the greatest speakers and speeches ever delivered
- Speak Like a President
- In Any Event: How to manage and deliver any corporate event
Simon is a former Saatchi & Saatchi company Managing Director with over thirty years in the events and communications industries at the highest levels, worldwide.
He has led communication and event agencies through communication creativity, mindset and development exercises. He brings a freshness to everything.
He understands what works well on a stage and what doesn’t, having directed openings for huge sporting events and produced TV spectaculars...
...run hugely successful sales and marketing conferences, and product launches in financial services and large pharmaceuticals...
...and led much of the privatisation event activity of the mid-eighties in the UK for a clutch of blue-chip companies.
Simon's specialities are:
1) directing events of all shapes and sizes across market sectors worldwide
2) presentation coaching and mentoring for senior executives in the world of politics and business and
3) writing speeches for a wide range of high profile clients
He understands what audiences need and knows how to help you deliver it.
And he's also a realist. Down to earth and practical.
When you work 1-2-1 with Simon, he'll quickly help you pinpoint where to make the biggest improvements in the shortest time possible.
If you’re looking for a highly personalised, professional and positive approach to public speaking, you can expect a rich mix of theory, discussion, and practice.
Watch this short video interview to learn about Simon's background and approach:
No matter your need, current level or past experiences, Simon can help you - confidentially, at times to suit, from your home or office...
This program is ideal for:
• C-level executives
• ‘Heads of’ who are new to their roles
• Those who want assistance in building confidence when speaking
• Those who want extra support for a high-stakes presentation
• Managers who are looking for the next level of presentation
• Senior executives who seek to increase presence and vocal projection
• Unconfident executives who need support in speaking at internal/external events
• Individuals who require personal impact coaching
• Executives needing to shift mindset from fixed to growth
Simon recognises that not everyone likes presenting, pitching or public speaking, but he knows how to make you feel more comfortable about the opportunity.
You may have a keynote to make. Or you may want to brush up on what you already know about stagecraft and public speaking.
But you might be feeling the pressure of work which means that you have little time to prepare or rehearse.
As you climb the corporate ladder, the expectation on you rises. But you probably can’t easily get away during the week to attend a course.
Of course, you might just prefer the online 1-2-1 scenario for reasons of confidentiality.
You'll get true coaching and mentoring. You’ll benefit from Simon's unique process, tailored specifically to your unique requirements...
Book your first two sessions here, from this page.
We'll be in touch to organise mutually convenient time for your sessions with Simon.
Each session lasts one hour.
If you find your first two sessions helpful and would like more, tell Simon and he'll explain all your options for further coaching.
Or, if you get what you need from just those two sessions - great. There will be no 'hard sell.'
Items likely to be covered in your first 1-hour session
• Your specific concerns
• Definition of what success looks/sounds like, and over what period
• Your current strengths and areas for improvement
• The specific purpose of one speech, pitch, presentation
• An introduction to presentation delivery – starting with posture and body language
• Belief – in yourself and what others think of you
• Understanding the audience's needs
• Analysis of fears and how to overcome them
• Speech preparation
• Preparation techniques
• Tailoring a message for a specific audience
• Presentation structures, with examples from the world of film, theatre, politics and business
• Techniques to create an effective and logical flow
• Mindset change
Areas likely to be covered in your second 1-hour session
• Belief and mindset revisited
• Review of exercises set from session one
• How to create visual support if needed
• How to avoid reading off slides
• Tips to remember the content
• Practice and rehearsals
• How to use body language and expression to your advantage
• Posture, breathing and non-verbal communications to enhance your style
• Techniques to ensure that you come across with confidence and authority
• Where nerves come from and how to control them
• The importance of flexibility and being ‘in the moment’
• Improving vocal projection: using voice to engage and persuade
• How to connect emotionally with your content so that you present with authenticity
• How to use performance energy to exude confidence
• Handling tough questions - or unexpected responses
No matter where you're at right now, Simon's program engenders rapid progress.
What do previous clients say about working with Simon Maier?
Now that the event is over, just a short note to say a huge thank you for your speech-craft and hard work, commitment and patience. in making this year’s congress a huge success. We’ve had unbelievable initial feedback from every direction on how happy people were with how we presented and we all know that your part in that was crucial. This is also a note to let you know how much we appreciated the work behind the scenes from everyone in the team.
James - Commercial Director - Automotive
Hi Simon, I just wanted to offer massive congratulations on making sure that we all did the ‘right’ thing on-stage. I’ve seen the quality of work you deliver before, but this was worthy of the word ‘brilliant’. Please pass on my congratulations to the whole team; I know how hard you’ve all worked.
Julia - Principal - Healthcare
On behalf of all of us, we would like to say a big thank you for your fantastic support onsite in Rome. You always consider our needs and everything was perfectly organised. The presentation coaching and stage mentoring paid off and I really appreciated the extra help at the last moment too!
Best regards - Ben - Account Director - IT
‘The book explains how anyone really can speak in public and with confidence.’
Jane - Book Forum
‘Maier paints a picture of events and conferences where you know the advice he’s giving will work. That kind of practical knowledge breeds confidence.’
‘Clever writing and the funny parts are very funny. If you want a good grounding in corporate communications, read The Diary.’
I hope you had a wonderful last night – it was an excellent evening.
It was a great pleasure meeting all of you and a very enjoyable few days sharing in your success as achievers – genuinely, it was so nice to spend some time with such a great group of people.
I am sure you would join me in thanking Simon Maier and team for ensuring that all the keynotes were enjoyable, interactive, on message and memorable. I know that many of you have said the same already.
I wish you all a safe journey home, congratulate you on your achievement and hope this event goes some way to demonstrate how much we appreciate your efforts. More importantly, I know that what we said and discussed will be remembered for a very long time.
With best wishes - David - Director, EMEA Foods
Simon, thank you. I’ve delayed responding because I was receiving all sorts of praise and much of it is down to you. Most of it. Given the amount of time we had, you made what was complex simple and what was hard easy. That in itself is a challenge well met. Not least, it was (almost) a great deal of fun!
Trevor - CEO
The keynote was thorough, entertaining and engaging. The audience was with you all the way and several colleagues have asked me if you would come back in a few months’ time and give us part two! I know that it's a long way, but let's discuss this. I was impressed that you understood what we needed to know and the groundwork for presentation coaching that your team gave us in the breakouts was terrific. This was a hard audience to please and they were delighted.
Mariam - Event Director - Telecoms
Some expressions of thanks are made out of politeness. This isn’t. It is made out of gratitude for your hard work and the fact that you made sure that this launch was without question our best to date. The words that we spoke and the films that we showed, the discussions we had and the debates, the conversations on and off-stage – masterminded with care and attention. Such enthusiasm and energy are rare.
Kind regards - Mohamed - Commercial Director - Pharmaceuticals
Take action now, and get Simon's help:
• You've seen how Simon has the ideal CV to help you to a new level with your public speaking, pitching and general presenting
• You've seen how you'll get genuine 1-2-1 training - confidentially, from the comfort of your home or office at mutually convenient times
• You've seen the glowing feedback from Simon's previous clients...
And you've seen how the modest total investment pales into insignificance compared to the gains you and your organisation can expect when you take your speaking, presenting and all-around communication skills to a new level.
For queries, contact Tracy on 0330 043 2677 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org