5 Days To Greater Influence, Confidence & Impact
Change the way you communicate forever, in 5 packed days in London, with our Discovery Public Speaking Program
- Do you want to become an excellent communicator?
- Do you want to take that next step in effective leadership?
- Do you want to create a competitive edge?
- Do you want to make people work with you, your team and your company?
- Do you want your work to become more meaningful?
Then you're in the right place - because this programme will change the way you communicate in 5 days. We have a maximum of 9 students so please book early.
Over 5 days in London, you'll say goodbye to public speaking anxiety and self-doubt - and return overflowing with new confidence and poise.
You'll discover a public speaking experience like no other.
One with total immersion into the theory and practice of excellent communication that has made hundreds of top organisations including:
GlaxoSmithKline - ExxonMobil - Lockheed Martin - London School of Economics - The Houses of Parliament - MSF - Save the Children - The Asia Foundation - Oxfam - Sky - RBS - UBS - Deutsche Bank - HM Treasury- Foreign & Commonwealth Office - Bank of England - Ministry of Justice - BT
...choose the College of Public Speaking above all others time and again since 2006.
We've trained over 10,000 alumni in that time...
And now its your turn to make a quantum leap on your own personal voyage of public speaking discovery...
Here's just a small sampling of what you'll discover and experience when you join College of Public Speaking founder director and international speaker Vince Stevenson on our next 5 Day Discovery Programme:
Day 1 - An Introduction to Public Speaking
Excellent communication is built on solid foundations - and on Day 1 we will deconstruct public speaking and then build it up from new foundations.
You'll feel new confidence not only when you're called on to speak on stage, but generally with better quality and more effective interactions at work, at home and play.
Throughout this day and the entire week, you'll make many speeches - both prepared and impromptu - videoed by your trainer, College of Public Speaking founder Director and international speaker Vince Stevenson with constructive, confidence-building feedback provided.
- The three universal laws of public speaking
- The psychology of public speaking - both for the speaker and from the audience's perspective
- How to determine your purpose - what do you want to achieve when speaking, and how can you get it?
- Getting off on the right foot: ice-breaker and introduction exercises
- The winning equation for every speaker is wrapped up in words, vocal variety and body language
- How to use stories, anecdotes and case studies - and why they always outscore numbers, statistics and pie charts
- How to use metaphor and rhetoric - and why they work so effectively
Day 2 - Mind, Body and Spirit
Impactful public speaking and communication is about so much more than the words.
It's a combination of what is happening in our mind, body and spirit and if any of these components aren't right, you won't perform at your best.
- Proven speech structures you can use immediately in many situations
- How to start any speech with impact
- Posture, breathing and relaxation - an extensive selection of exercises to support your breath
- How the mind and body are totally integrated - and the overall impact of that
- How to avoid losing control - understanding and conquering physical manifestations of anxiety
- How and when to use enthusiasm, conviction, belief, sincerity and passion
- Speech analysis - discover the 'tricks' the best-of-the-best business and political speakers employ to get results
Day 3 - Debating Skills
Are you confident you can secure the outcome you want in a debate with a difficult or persuasive colleague or client?
You will be after Day 3.
- Introduction to debating essentials
- How great speakers and people of influence like use the art and power of rhetoric
- How to use words, logic, structure and delivery to take any listener on a journey of persuasion
- The preplanned debating techniques politicians use to deflect the attacks of their opponents and negotiate better deals
- We will also stage debates where we'll explore and unpack the effectiveness of each contribution
Day 4 - Irresistible Influence and Transformational Speaking for Leadership
You too can be charismatic. You do not need a million dollar smile and a Harvard education. Research studies show that anybody can be charismatic.
Charisma can be learnt by applying various techniques at the appropriate time. Those techniques will in time become part and parcel of who you are.
All you need to know is how to embody them - and that's what you'll discover on Day 4.
- A formula for persuasion that applies every time and to each context - including 'hard' and 'soft' tactics for persuasion and when to use each type
- 'Lost secrets' of the old masters who framed the parameters of persuasion in the first crucibles of civilization
- Why some people just seem to make it look so easy while others struggle to gather momentum (hint: it comes down to technique and applying it appropriately at the right time)
- How to deliver a keynote speech
- How to run your own professional speaking event - and manage value-packed speaking events in the workplace which elevate your status as a speaking professional
- How to use notes effectively
- How to effectively introduce a speaker and deliver a vote of thanks
Day 5 - Presentation Day
Day 5 is dedicated to planning, preparation, practice and delivery of you very own pre-prepared speech.
You'll pull together everything you've learned during the week.
Throughout the day, we'll be working on the delivery of speech projects where greater time for planning is allocated.
- How to create and deliver a (short) TED talk
- How to manage and win over large audiences
- How to handle a hostile audience - how to connect with the audience and invite them to be more receptive to your proposition.
- How to use advanced presentation techniques and tools - text notes, PowerPoint, Mindmaps, bullet points, index cards, memory techniques...
- How to handle Q&A sessions with ease
- All your speeches videoed and reviewed
- More impromptu speaking followed by an end of course dinner...
When you book your place securely online from this website, you do so with reassurance...
...knowing that a host of organisations and individuals have already seen profound and lasting results from the small investment in our 5 Day Discovery Public Speaking Course:
'Each and every one of us grew in confidence and performance skill through the week...'
'This is an excellent course... a wonderful mix and balance of theory and practical exercises....'
'At first I felt anxious - but towards the end of the course I was actually excited to deliver my speeches...'
'I needed this 5 Day course 10 years ago... it would have saved me a ton of anxiety and many lost opportunities...'
'Dear Vince, this course was 'speaking nirvana' for me.
I have to present a lot at work and I often get myself so flustered in the preparation process, worrying about the content, tone and timing.
I realise I am overthinking things and I should be focusing on your simple philosophy for audience engagement.
I appreciate the support too of all of the other delegates whose insightful contributions make me feel so much more confident now.
I needed this course 10 years ago really. It would have saved me a ton of anxiety and many lost opportunities.' - Rachel
'Life-enhancing... much more than a public speaking course...'
'Hi Vince, it was great.
In fact for me, probably life-enhancing.
It was much more than a public speaking course - your discussions on psychology and philosophy were an unexpected treat.
I am now really looking forward to my first lecture!
I have had such a phobia about public speaking, formal and informal, that I think I now have the confidence to face my new world and anything goes.
I found the team were so supportive and such a refreshing change for me coming from a narrow technical background. So thanks again.' - Rick
'Persuasion is a lot easier... I discovered tools and techniques which I now use on a daily basis...'
'I was really interested in the course but I didn't think I could persuade my training manager to stump up the budget.
Vince suggested a simple method to get on his wavelength.
Once I presented my request in a structured manner the decision went my way.
There were lots of other useful tools and techniques on the course which I now use on a daily basis.
Persuasion is a lot easier when you approach it from the right angle.' - Sarah
'Has helped increase my confidence... Vince teaches both the methodology and the psychology in the most easy and professional manner...'
'An excellent course... has given me great confidence...'
'Thanks for an excellent course, Vince.
It really has me thinking about my possibilities.
I have very limited opportunities to practice on a regular basis so as the videos show, I am now a well-grounded speaker - that gives me great confidence going forward.' - Frank
'Much more than I imagined... intense and extremely beneficial...'
'Dear Vince, I thoroughly enjoyed the course and found the whole experience intense and extremely beneficial.
Much more than I imagined.' - Janine
Why your investment in 5 Day Discovery is essentially free...
Let's cut to the chase and be very honest with one another right now...
You know, and I know, that the juicy contract...
...the top job...
...the most desirable guy or girl...
...does NOT go to the 'best' candidate...
It goes to the best, most confident COMMUNICATOR, doesn't it?
Want the truth about the world we live in?
Knowing this, does it seem over-the-top to imagine that the new skills... the new level of confidence, power and poise you'll walk away with for the rest of your life...
...might be worth - say - an added £1,000 in salary to you, every year for the rest of your career?
What might that be worth for you?
£20,000? £30,000, perhaps?
Well, the investment in attending our 5 Day Discovery Public Speaking Programme is nothing like that.
Your investment in this immersive, not-to-be-forgotten experience is just £1597 + VAT.
That's the equivalent of less than £5 a day over the next year...
Worth it to enjoy far greater influence, confidence and impact, and change the way you communicate forever over 5 exciting days in one of the world's great cities?
So: booking your place on the College of Public Speaking's next 5 Day Discovery Public Speaking Programme should be a very easy decision!
You've seen how the course is a UNIQUE opportunity to super-charge your confidence and gain new poise and grace as a speaker
You've seen how, after five days, you'll 'graduate' from the program with a full 'tool belt' thanks to the mix of theory, observation, classroom discussion, and extensive speech practice underpinned by Vince's unique methodology for feedback which works with each student on their individual requirements, tapping into their personality, creativity and authenticity.
You've seen the glowing feedback from Vince's previous courses...
And you've seen how the small investment of just £1500+VAT pales into insignificance compared to the gains in your professional and personal life you can expect from attending.
Now it's up to you - will you join us at the College of Public Speaking's next 5 Day Discovery Programme and start making inroads into a bright and more confident career?
Just click on the booking button above to grab your place securely online now...
...or if you have any queries, please contact your facilitator Vince Stevenson on: 00 44 7731 876 304 or by emailing email@example.com.
But please be quick - this is a small group experience with limited spaces available...
So if you want to secure your place on our next Programme, best to act now!
P.S. When you join us for this course, you'll get 10% off your next one with us.
Already been on a different course with us at the College of Public Speaking?
That means you'll get 10% off this one.
And, if you refer a friend, not only will THEY get 10% off, but we'll give YOU 10% of the course fee too, as a thank you.
Please contact Vince Stevenson direct to organise your discount or referral fee for you and your friend - and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Testimonial - A testimonial from a course member in November 2018.
(The 5 Day Discovery course attracts students from Europe, Africa, the Far and Middle-East and Australia/New Zealand).
Every student from across the world is welcomed, valued and appreciated for their classroom contributions.
Good morning, everyone.
What a week! I booked the course to learn a few tricks and build my confidence in public speaking.
I have not only achieved that, but I left truly inspired.
Vince, you have not only created a great course and attracted wonderful colleagues but most importantly it's a supportive and inspirational environment.
Banu, your positivity is infectious - you always have something uplifting to say. Amjad, thanks for digging deeper.
Femi and Ada - it was a great privilege to be in a company of such amazing women.
Femi, even though we live on different continents, we have the same heroes and, girl, do you radiate warmth.
Ada, what a fascinating life - and what a presence! - you have a truly majestic elegance.
John and Hans- it was a pleasure to meet you, you are both natural leaders.
John, you have a gift for storytelling - I loved listening to you.
Hans, what a great mind, but most importantly, you're full of heart and passion.
Ahmad, Peter and Handre - I really enjoyed your company.
Ahmad, it was wonderful seeing your more vulnerable - caring dad - side.
Peter- you are a true gentleman. You were asking about the British sense of humour, but actually, I really loved yours. It's both subtle and powerful.
Handre - what a transformation - from someone who held back to when you came alive and showed your passionate side in your on scuba diving speech.
Thank you, everyone, and I hope to see you all again. Drop me a line if you are in London and let’s meet up.